Voqal is a collaboration of five nonprofit organizations that work at the intersection of media and technology to advance social equity. Voqal envisions a socially equitable and just world with an empowered, well-informed public actively engaged in a thriving democracy.
We are currently looking for an Accountant to join our dynamic, growing team.
The Accountant will support Voqal business operations by ensuring financial transactions are accurately recorded into the general ledger and uses this data to respond to questions on all related company activity.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in accounting required.
- At least 2-3 years of experience as a Staff/General Ledger Accountant or similar role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with QuickBooks required.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to reconcile transactions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Flexibility – Open to change and new information. Able to adapt behavior and work methods in response to changing conditions.
- Reviews corporate credit card spreadsheets for accuracy.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations for nonprofit entities.
- Works closely with the CFO to coordinate and supply information needed for Independent Spectrum monthly financial reporting, including the preparation for fiscal year-end audits, tax returns and other work as needed.
- Records all income for all entities.
- Files use tax for appropriate entities.
- Records all amortization, depreciation and interest income journal entries for all entities.
- Records the accounts receivable and cash receipt for all inter-company transfers.
- Reconciles prepaid account for all entities.
- Generates invoice for legal bill backs to Sprint for Independent Spectrum.
- Accounts Payable backup.
- Teamwork – Works with and helps others to accomplish goals.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change.
We invite you to apply: Voqal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Voqal employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.