Mobile Citizen, a Voqal initiative, actively advances social equity through access by providing low-cost wireless 4G internet exclusively to nonprofit organizations, educational entities and social welfare agencies. Championed by a national collaboration of EBS (Educational Broadband Service) licensees, Mobile Citizen’s internet service is available nationwide. We believe that making the internet available at an affordable price contributes to an engaged public and ultimately a more equitable democracy.
Mobile Citizen is currently looking for a General Manager to join our dynamic, growing team.
The Mobile Citizen General Manager is the right hand to the Mobile Citizen Chief Business Development Executive and will consult as needed on Mobile Citizen business strategy while managing the day-to-day operations of Mobile Citizen. The General Manager is responsible for effective planning, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing and everyday decision-making to attain the desired goals of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required.
- At least 10 years of experience in some or all the following areas: operations, sales and marketing development, warehousing, inventory, logistics, fraud prevention and call center/customer care.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with NetSuite or equivalent ERP systems.
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management and ability to develop, implement and manage best practices.
- Retail and/or subscription-based services experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Strong problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership in managing groups and major projects.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of both for-profit and nonprofit status organizations.
- Comfortable in an environment where there can be significant delays with decision making and/or implementation.
- Demonstrated passion for public sector technology initiatives that benefit non-profit and social welfare organizations and education institutions.
- Implement and execute Mobile Citizen’s strategic planning initiatives to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout the company’s operations.
- Execute on operational strategies and processes to drive sales growth, ensure compliance and mitigate risks across the business.
- Structure and execute operational initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses and developing recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal and external business partners to solve complex operational challenges.
- Work with leaders to set KPIs and develop systems for monitoring progress.
- Monitor and improve overall customer satisfaction with existing clients.
- Oversee the formation of new vendor relations and contracts while maintaining current compliance with existing vendor and partnership contracts.
- Develop systems and processes to build efficiency and consistency across business operations.
- Assist with budget development and management.
- Oversee day-to-day leadership and management.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change.
We invite you to apply: Voqal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Voqal employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please email resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls please.