Voqal is a national collaboration of EBS (Educational Broadband Service) licensees that work to advance social equity by creating an educated, empowered and engaged public. Voqal makes grants and impact investments, expands internet access and digital equity, offers fellowships and protects the public airwaves. Our efforts focus on the education and enrichment of all, not just those who are well-off socially, economically and politically.
We are currently looking for a Network Administrator to join our dynamic, growing team.
The Network Administrator will be a true information technology generalist with experience in network design, security and network administration in a primarily Windows-based environment. With little direction, the Network Administrator will keep Voqal’s computer network running smoothly and trouble-shoot employees’ information technology problems.
The Network Administrator will evaluate vendor products in hardware, software and telecommunications equipment and recommend purchases consistent with the organization’s short and long-term objectives. The Network Administrator will participate in strategic planning efforts and capacity planning.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or formal network administration certification.
- At least five years of experience in a similar role.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong IT generalist knowledge including but not limited to: network design, security, and network administration.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, QuickBooks, Egnyte, and Mac OS and iOS.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, strategic planning, and implementation skills.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate projects while keeping an eye on quality.
- Excellent intrapersonal skills.
- Ability to manage confidential information with discretion.
- Maintains, administers and evaluates computer networks and related computing environments’ performance including computer hardware, servers, remote equipment, mobile technology, systems software, VOIP telephone service and applications software.
- Defines network policies and procedures.
- Configures, monitors, and maintains email applications and virus protection software.
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Implements and maintains security measures for network and computer systems.
- Adds and removes users to a network and distribution lists.
- Protects organization’s confidential information.
- Sets up new Voqal employees’ IT environments, trains Voqal employees in the proper use of hardware and certain software, and provides on-going IT support to all Voqal employees.
- Prepares new employees by designing and conducting training programs and providing references and support.
- Assists with fiscal year budgeting and monitors IT spending.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks; participates in professional organizations.
- Works with Voqal’s Leadership Team as requested on IT strategic planning objectives and capacity planning.
- Provides A/V support for all meetings (on-site and remote), including Voqal’s bi-annual All Boards meetings.
- Liaise with outside contractors.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change.
We invite you to apply: Voqal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Voqal employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please email resumes to email@example.com, No phone calls, please.