Voqal is a national collaboration of EBS (Educational Broadband Service) licensees that work to advance social equity by creating an educated, empowered and engaged public. Voqal makes grants and impact investments, expands internet access and digital equity, offers fellowships and protects the public airwaves. Our efforts focus on the education and enrichment of all, not just those who are well-off socially, economically and politically.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our dynamic, growing team.
This position supports the accounting operations of the EBS Companies by maintaining records of financial transactions and reporting on these transactions for all related companies.
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of general accounting experience with an accounts payable focus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Excel and Quick Books.
- Experience with accounts payable.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work in an environment that may be distracting.
- Good relationship building skills.
- Flexibility – Open to change and new information. Able to adapt behavior and work methods in response to changing conditions.
- Records invoices into Quick Books ensuring that:
- All invoices have adequate supporting documentation.
- All invoices are authorized by an appropriate individual.
- All invoices are coded to the appropriate company, account number and accounting period.
- Prints checks for signature by authorized individuals and attached supporting documentation for review.
- Matches, reconciles and mails signed checks with needed supporting documentation to vendor.
- Maintains and files A/P documentation to support these accounting entries in the appropriate company files.
- Creates new vendors and maintains existing vendors as needed.
- Enters and maintains W-9 records on all vendors.
- Assists Accountant with the annual 1099 year-end filing process.
- Records UPS, FedEx and credit card transactions into various excel spreadsheets.
- Maintains independent contractor files – hard copies and electronic.
- Enters inter-company billing.
- Keep up to date on best practices occurring in the accounting field.
- Teamwork – Works with and helps others to accomplish goals.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change.
We invite you to apply: Voqal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Voqal employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.