Mobile Citizen, a Voqal initiative, actively advances social equity through access by providing low-cost wireless 4G internet exclusively to nonprofit organizations, educational entities and social welfare agencies. Championed by a national collaboration of EBS (Educational Broadband Service) licensees, Mobile Citizen’s internet service is available nationwide. We believe that making the internet available at an affordable price contributes to an engaged public and ultimately a more equitable democracy.
Mobile Citizen is currently looking for an experienced Marketing Communications Manager to join our dynamic, growing team.
The Marketing Communications Manager is Mobile Citizen’s voice to increase understanding of the company’s value proposition in the marketplace. The Marketing Communications Manager will provide strategic input, manage Mobile Citizen’s online and offline communications, and provide marketing communications tactical support, to the Mobile Citizen sales team, to increase brand awareness and to help drive sales initiatives. This position will also serve as a liaison between the Mobile Citizen team and the Voqal Communications department to help facilitate consistent and coordinated branding between Mobile Citizen and Voqal.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of proven work experience in a similar manager-level role, intended to grow sales.
- Extensive experience with digital media outlets and platforms.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent writing and presentation skills, experience generating content.
- Experience with B2B and B2C marketing campaigns.
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress.
- Experience with marketing campaigns in a variety of digital platforms.
- NetSuite experience helpful.
- Provide strategic input and contribute innovative tactics to Mobile Citizen’s sales and market growth strategies.
- Implement identified communications and marketing tactics from the company’s sales and marketing growth plans.
- Use a deep knowledge of integrated communications strategies (to include, but not limited to: public relations, marketing, digital media, audience profiling and targeted key message delivery, advertising, etc.) to contribute significantly to developing overall strategies for Mobile Citizen.
- Contribute to the development of Mobile Citizen’s advertising tactical plan.
- Implement communications plans that will increase brand awareness and recognition for the organization.
- Understand, develop and manage relationships with key traditional and nontraditional media and grow positive public attention for Mobile Citizen.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Mobile Citizen’s products and services to promote the company during large and small events.
- Execute and coordinate vendors to execute Mobile Citizen’s advertising tactics.
- Network with industry experts and potential clients to drive brand awareness.
If you are passionate about a career that allows you to positively impact society, then join the Voqal team and be the call for change.
We invite you to apply: Voqal is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Voqal employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.